Cylindrical rolls of cashew nut barfi stuffed with pistachios.
Preparation Time : 15 mins.
Cooking Time : Nil.
Makes 14 rolls.
1 recipe pista barfi (given below)
1 recipe cashew barfi (given below)
ghee for greasing
For the garnish
4 edible silver leaves (varq)
1. Make the pista barfi as specified in the recipe.
2. Divide into two equal parts and shape each portion into a cylindrical roll of 100 mm. (4″) length and 6 mm. (1/4″) thickness. Keep aside.
3. Make the cashew barfi as specified in the recipe.
4. Divide into 2 equal parts. Roll out each portion with the help of a greased rolling pin on a sheet of plastic to rectangle of 100 mm. x 75 mm. (4″ x 3″) and 3 mm. (1/8″) thickness.
5. Place one portion of the pistachio roll on one side of the cashewnut rectangle.
6. Roll out tightly starting from the end where the pistachio roll is placed and seal the edges completely.
7. Gently press the roll till it is about 175 mm. (7″) length.
8. Roll this onto 2 silver leaves so it coats the kaju pista roll completely.
9. Cut into 7 pieces of 25 mm. (1″) each.
10. Repeat for the remaining ingredients to make 1 more roll.